World Maternal Mental Health Day
What is it?
Last year was the inaugural World Maternal Mental Health day on the 4th of May 2016. This year, we continue the tradition to celebrate World Maternal Mental Health day on the first Wednesday of the month on 3rd of May.
To raise awareness of maternal mental health issues so that more women will get treatment and fewer will suffer.
Maternal mental health matters. #maternalMHmatters.
Women, as well as their family and friends, need to know the signs of maternal mental ill-health and that they are not alone! They can find help and support for perinatal mental health problems.
How you can get involved
- During the weeks leading up to the day, you can highlight what your organisation is doing to help women with perinatal mental health problems
- Tweet or post messages on Facebook using the hashtag #maternalMHmatters
- Join or support activities by groups in your country or region – check the global events pages here
- Come up with your own ideas to highlight that #maternalMHmatters in your country or region and let others know by submitting your event details to us via email
- Use our infographic to highlight that maternal mental health is an issue globally or adapt to your own language and cultural setting. Request the template via email
Why Maternal Mental Health should be a priority
See the list of Task Force member organisations and individuals here