World Maternal Mental Health Day
Raising awareness of maternal mental health issues, so that more women will get treatment and fewer will suffer.
5 May 2021
click on the image to watch the #maternalMHmatters animation
How you can get involved
Our theme this year highlights the need to invest in maternal mental health, while we emphasize that investment is not limited to financial donation but can include investing your time, your expertise or simply a reminder to invest in yourself.
Become an Advocate for maternal mental health by posting about ways in which you or your organisation invests in #MMH – spread the word by adding the #LetsInvest hashtag and tagging @WMMHday.
Become a Global Partner for maternal mental health by using the sign-up form on our global partner page. Around 200 partners from across the globe are already part of this campaign. Anyone can join!
During the weeks leading up to the day, you can also highlight what your organisation is doing to help women with perinatal mental health problems by using the below tools.
- Use the hashtag #maternalMHmatters on social media
- Follow the WMMHday Twitter account and like the Maternal Mental Health Day Facebook page – share your events, stories, facts or research with all our followers
- Adopt the Twibbon on your Facebook or Twitter profile picture – MMHday Twibbon
- Tell your story to help raise awareness of maternal mental health issues so that more women will get treatment and fewer will suffer on our blog
- Help spread the word in your region by translating the 2021 theme graphics and infographics in your language by following this link to download and share with us via email
- Join or support activities in your country or region – check the global events pages here
- Come up with your own ideas to highlight that #maternalMHmatters in your country or region and let others know by submitting your event details to us via email
- Use our infographic to highlight that maternal mental health is an issue globally & adapt to your own language and cultural setting. Download the template for translation here
For more detailed information, media releases and sample tweets:
Download the 2021 Social Media Toolkit!
Recognition of World Maternal Mental Health Day (WMMHday)
Sign the petition calling on the World Health Assembly and the UN World Health Organisation to officially recognize WMMH Day, to be commemorated annually on the first Wednesday of May.
Maternal mental health advocates, researchers, academics, clinicians, and people with lived experiences are committed to improving the mental health support for women during and after pregnancy throughout the world.
Why Maternal Mental Health should be a priority?
You can download our 2021 social media infographics in English:
You can also download our 2021 theme graphic in English:
Download translations of the 2021 graphics in your language
(click on a language to access the entire set in dropbox or on the image to download a single image)
The previous #maternalMHmatters infographics are also available in a number of languages: